Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Blog 5 - What I Know Now

I added a column to my original Baseline Data document in my Google Drive to discuss what I have learned after the implementation of my PBL unit. Some of what I learned was not only based on this one unit, but my attempt at conducting my entire semester class in a PBL fashion. The link to my Google doc is below and is also in my folder in our class folder.



https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rCS88YuKqbW0uSSnUBvSh9wvvGmvsFFEuwnYcwq0qIM/edit

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,
    I appreciate your thorough analysis of your students' baseline data - formative and summative to determine their growth and to consider what areas of your instruction worked and what areas you want to adjust. You shared that students really took the pre-test seriously and the data shows they really learned the periodic table. You also shared how in the next unit you want to closely align your pre and post so you can have some "hard data" to reflect on. I am glad in this unit their presentations served as a valuable piece of assessment data to show what students learned. You shared how the modified gallery walk protocol also worked.
    I am glad that you had support throughout this semester as you worked to make one whole class an entire pbl experience. Overall, how did this go? What did you learn? Where do you want to grow as an instructor?

    Thanks,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete