Friday, March 9, 2018

Blog #2 Co teach reflection

On February 21, I had the honor of co-teaching with Mrs. Mitchell. It was amazing! My students were able to come to an agreement within their groups. They signed contracts and gave thoughtful ideas on how their groups should work together and how disagreements should be handled. I feel that I am finally understanding how math fits in Project Base Learning. I realized that I was moving in the right direction but with a simple change of a lesson from flowers to cupcakes made my lesson so much more beneficial.

I was also able to video Mrs. Mitchell during our co-teach experience. My math team was able to review this video and loved how the mini lesson brought relevance to our PBL project. Now we are working together to come up with other ideas that will make our PBL projects stand out to our students so they are able to realize that learning can be beneficial and fun.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Makisha,
    I am glad that you enjoyed our co-teaching. I enjoyed it and am glad that the experience was beneficial for your students.

    Sincerely,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned that PBL fits so well in math. Math builds on each other, the same was as a project!

    ReplyDelete