Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Alana McSharry- Blog 4- Coaching Cycle

During our coaching cycle Dawn and I talked on the phone about the current project and the project I did during the fall class. While talking about the implementation of this project I brought up the topic of students doing work independently. Dawn encouraged me to let students do their work by themselves as much as possible. The students have their own level of independence and it is my responsibility to meet them at that level and to help them when they need it. These ideas created an environment that helped my students complete their artistic representation of their weather projects. I watched my students working and waited until they indicated that they needed my help. This action on my part improved my students' independence and confidence. I learned to value the power of observation and the power of student independence. I appreciated Dawn's encouragement and helpful advice because it improved the implementation of the project.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alana,
    I enjoyed our coaching cycle together and am thankful for the opportunity we had to discuss the authentic work your preschool students were engaged in during their weather pbl. I am glad that the feedback provided was helpful and it was clear from my pbl observation that your students were given opportunities to work in small groups with their cloud experiments and then independently in making their weather book. Sincerely, Dawn

    ReplyDelete