Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Tieraney G. Rice Blog Post #2: Coaching Cycle

For our coaching cycle, I decided that I wanted Dawn to help me with implementing the use of technology into my project.  Other than making some videos, I didn't really use technology with my project I implemented in the Fall.  I took a technology class a couple of summer's ago and learned about all kinds of cool apps that can be used with children.  While I left the course with a tool belt full of wonderful ideas and ways to use technology with my kids, I never used any of it!  I had good intentions!  So, I decided one of the ways I wanted to improve my Spring project was to use technology in a meaningful way.  "Blabberize" was one of the sites in my toolbox that I had never tried, & boy was I in for a surprise.  Our coaching cycle consisted of Dawn helping me set up my blabbering account.  Once I had an account, she walked me through how to use it.  Because of this guidance, I was able to use this fun site with my students as a way of showing what they learned during this project.  They were super excited to see what they had done!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tieraney,
    I enjoyed our collaboration with technology in your pbl coaching cycle this semester. I am glad that you liked Blabberize and found the site to be user friendly. I loved seeing the kids' final products and I know they enjoyed seeing their shapes come to life. Thanks so much for your willingness to try out new strategies and tech tools. Sincerely, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if Blabberize would be useful in a second language class like mine? I'm not really sure what it is, but maybe we can talk about it on Thursday. I like how you took on the challenge of technology use! It is one of my biggest fears so I think you are very brave. ;)

    ReplyDelete