Friday, April 19, 2019

Tina Sanders Monarch PBL Visit Reflection

Monarch: My first impression of Monarch, was: “Now, this is what it looks like when there is buy in from administration, and faculty.” It was good to receive an overview of their program prior to observations so we knew what we were looking for. I was impressed that students were able to verbalize what they were learning and their excitement for the PBL learning process. The greeters were extremely knowledgeable about the process and were able to express reflections on the various PBLs they had been a part of. In their minds, there were teachers who enveloped PBL more effectively while others taught it but not at the same level. I appreciated the candor because it allowed me the grace to realize that as I am learning, my PBL experiences will get better as I grow. I don’t even think the child knew how what she was saying would affect me.  The Artic room was absolutely amazing! It gave me many ideas to implement next year on ways to involve my students even more in the building of the pond.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tina,
    I am glad that you enjoyed the visit to Monarch and like you I was impressed with the level of support school wide for pbl implementation and the consistency with which each grade level was providing pbl opportunities for students. You are right about giving ourselves and our students grace with pbl... as Maya Angelou says, "When we know better, we do better." Thanks, Dawn

    ReplyDelete