Thursday, May 2, 2019

#6: PBL Unit--Orchestra

I did a short workshop with the orchestra teachers about how to use PBL in the orchestra classroom.  I presented the two units that I have completed and demonstrated how easily it can be used to cover the non-performance standards.  We brainstormed about ways to may shareable units for the district orchestra curriculum and came up with some really fun ideas that incorporate improvisation, composition, history, theory, and performance.  I look forward to implementing more of these throughout our district starting next school year.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelsey,
    I am glad that you provided the orchestra teachers a workshop about project based learning and I know seeing your units as an orchestra teacher they were able to see possibilities for their grade levels. Most of all, I am thankful that this workshop gave all of you an opportunity to brainstorm possibilities for your curriculum that could incorporate multiple standards. I am so very excited about your new position at the ninth grade campus. Just know, Hannah is coming soon!

    Sincerely,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete