Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Kathy's Blog Post 4


Kathy Feigenbaum
Blog #4 April 30, 2019
Wow! What a School!
Our Field Trip day to visit other schools was a great experience. I wasn’t far from my own school when we visited Monarch, yet I had now idea about the program there! I even have several 6th graders in my class who were there at Monarch last year. It was so exciting to see how well organized the program is there, and how well the teachers and staff seem to coordinate PBL! I thought, “wow! It would be cool to work here.”
Then we had a delightful lunch together at Uncle Berto’s. So nice!
After a bit of a car ride we arrived at a maze of a school parking lot. Finally having parked, I walked in. It was so impressive! So much thought was put into the set-up. It’s so well equipped for PBL. The hubs are so nice, and the window walls make classes very open. I spoke with a Spanish teacher there, and we shared some ideas. I thought, “wow! What a school!” In a few years it might be great to work there. 😉 I mazed my way back out of the parking lot (following Dawn – lol) and thought about the schools.
There are take-aways from both schools. Some hacks and ideas and connections I can use. Maybe I can get some colleagues to buy in to PBL. But I sure wouldn’t trade places with anyone.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    I am so glad that you enjoyed our visit to Monarch. Like you, I also enjoyed our lunch at Uncle Bertos and then our visit to Drayton Mills. Thank goodness you could follow my driving. :) I am going to create myself an action plan for that. I am glad that from the visits you were able to find some good take aways. Sincerely, Dawn

    ReplyDelete