Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Tieraney G. Rice Post #4: Visit to Monarch Elementary

     Our visit to Monarch Elementary was amazing!  All schools have a hand-full of teachers who use "outside of the box" teaching approaches.  However, to be in a school where the ENTIRE STAFF uses the same approach was very refreshing.  If I were to apply to teach in a district, this is the type of environment I believe I would love and thrive in.  I'm so glad we had the opportunity to hear from a teacher from each grade level and the music teacher about the projects they've done or are in the process of doing with their students.  After hearing from the staff members about the projects, it was great to have a chance to walk the halls and visit classrooms where the PBL approach was in action.  The students were engaged and willing to talk about and answer questions about what they were doing.  I was truly inspired by this visit!    

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tieraney,
    I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to Monarch. I, too am continually impressed when I visit the school to see how consistent the faculty and staff are with their pbl implementation across the school. I enjoyed the opportunity to hear from each grade level teacher at the beginning of our time there and I am glad that the visit was inspiring to you as well. Sincerely, Dawn

    ReplyDelete