Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Post 5 - Professional Development

For my professional development, I hosted an afterschool discussion covering an overview of PBL (and what it looks like in a real classroom) and my transition to an all-digital curriculum. I created the following infographic to use during my presentation.

PBL/Digital Curriculum Presentation

I tried to create an infographic that covered the basics of what PBL is, what an inverted classroom is and isn't, and I included a link to my previous infographic I used during our final class presentations. That can be found below.

Fully Integrating PBL into Digital Art & Design

These are my notes for the presentation. This is the information I covered from the links in the first infographic.

I originally had 6 teachers sign up, but only two made it down for the talk, which lasted about an hour.

I would definitely be interested in talking about PBL more on the high school level, as I don't think it's a topic that's discussed nearly as much at this level as it is at the middle and elementary school levels.

2 comments:

  1. Austin, your infographics look great. I have always wanted to use infographics in some shape or form. I think it would be a great way for my students to show what they learned in a short format. I agree with you PBL should be used across a student's educational experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austin, your infographic you created for your presentation looks professionally done. I really like this format because it provides the reader with the most importance information in a concise and visually appealing format. I would love to share this with our next pbl cohort and also with the Riley Institute at Furman in case they wanted to use it in their conversations regarding pbl as well.

    Sincerely,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete