Monday, April 30, 2018

Christi Coomes Blog 5


Blog #5
Now What
Christi Coomes

I have really enjoyed the PBL classes that I have taken.  I think that students really can benefit from this method of learning. Since most students have never been taught this way before, I feel that the teacher must start small and with more detail instructions on how to accomplish the tasks. However, the next projects will be easier and the students can take more control of their learning.  I remember how difficult it was for students to create a rubric the first time, but the second time they needed no instructions from me. 

I have always tried to integrate other subjects into my lessons so students can see the connections between math and the real world.  PBL is a great way to integrate and teach not only your standards, but the standards of other classes.  Also, I really liked that teachers from other disciplines might collaborate and help each other complete a PBL using their expertise in their subject areas.

I am excited to take what I have learned and use it in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christi,
    I am thankful that you have enjoyed this cohort and have found that your students have enjoyed the collaboration and presentation opportunities. I have seen evidence in this spring pbl unit observation of how you've worked to provide cross disciplinary opportunities for your students.

    Thank you!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete