Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Sarah Kate Higgins Course 3 Blog #4- Growth

I believe that growth is essential to teaching. As we learn and try new things within our classrooms, and new methods and strategies become known, we as educators must adapt to the times and try new things. I have grown so much as a teacher throughout the Project Based Learning endorsement classes.
I remember working over the summer and being so overwhelmed with the information and ideas. I thought to myself that PBL would be  something that would be painful within the co teach and resource classroom. I was nervous about even talking with my co teach teachers and pitching ideas. As I began talking with them I was so excited about their willingness and enthusiasm to try PBL with the additional support within a co teach classroom.
I saw also of growth within myself and overall PBL confidence when working with students. I noticed that as I bought into PBL I would see that buy in reflected in my students. I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to learn more about PBL within this cohort and to have support and feedback as I attempt to apply PBL within my classroom.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah Kate,
    I am glad this process has been beneficial to you and that while you may have started in the first intensive week long class overwhelmed that isn't how you've ended. I loved seeing how well your students did with your co-teaching model with their math instructional videos. You are right about our enthusiasm and willingness to try new techniques being contagious. I continue to appreciate your willingness to grow and to learn new practices.

    Sincerely,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete