Monday, April 23, 2018

Makisha Fowler-Miller Blog 2 Coaching Cycle

Coaching Cycle- Being in Mrs. Mitchell's class was the first time I had ever heard of a coaching cycle. I love how it is used to hold not only students but teachers accountable for making learning fun. During my coaching cycle, I was able to co teach with Mrs. Mitchell. She showed me how easy it is to make a lesson that has already been created relevant to a PBL project by changing a couple of words. At Fairforest Middle School, we have several teachers who have been enjoying co teaching since the beginning of the year. This experience has made me want to be a part of the co teach group next year. Co teaching has given me the opportunity to learn from another teacher while being able to assist students that are having a hard. Having two teachers in a room makes it easier to work with students that may not have grasped a certain concept. It also gives students the opportunity to get two perspectives on a lesson instead of one. I have heard several teachers talk about how great co teaching has worked for their classroom. Hopefully next year I will be able to be a part of a co teaching teach.

2 comments:

  1. I also enjoyed the coaching cycle and gained alot from it. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the co teach way of life and hope maybe you will consider co teaching in the future! You are a fantastic teacher and our students love your classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Makisha,
    I am glad the co-teaching experience was beneficial to you. I certainly enjoyed it and saw first-hand how well your students respond to your balance of firm expectations and engaging instructional delivery. I have had successful experiences with co-teaching and would recommend it as a beneficial experience that grows both colleagues while also providing students with two instructors to provide support.

    Sincerely,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete