Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Makisha Fowler-Miller Course 3 Post 5

On Thursday, April 19, 2018, my class presented their presentations to a group of their peers, Mr. Ledford, Mr. Belgrave, and Mrs. Duello. The students had awesome presentations to present but I had several silly students that laughed and were silly during their presentation. I was so embarrassed because they all had done such great work. My food court wars winner was a group that named their restaurant Valentino's. During the presentation, Valentino's presented their Prezi PowerPoint in way that made people want to come to their restaurant. Their group even included drinks with their meals. I was amazed at all the students thought processes and what they all came up with. If I had to change anything I would have change the way the groups presented. I would have them practice their presentations in front of me and critique them on how to present. Besides the laughing and silliness everything else went well and I do believe that the students enjoyed and learned a lot from this PBL project.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Makisha,
    I wondered which group would win the Food Wars pbl challenge. I am glad that you were able to provide a panel of judges that included administration and their peers. I am glad that the Valentino group not only showcased a successful menu design in their powerpoint but they also showed effective presentation skills. You shared how you would provide students in the future with practice presenting. Giving them an opportunity to receive and receive feedback related to effective presenting skills can be beneficial at growing these necessary communication skills.

    Sincerely,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete