Friday, April 27, 2018

Savannah Griffith Blog #3





How PBL Has Changed My View



      When I found out that I was going to be taking the PBL class, I honestly tried everything to not take it. I begged my principal to let me out of the class because I was going to be a second year teacher going through ADEPT, taking the gifted and talented classes and read to succeed. On top of teaching 82 students art visions for the first time and coaching cheerleading. Thankfully, Mr. Ledford made me take the class despite all my worries. 

        Looking back, I am thankful that he did not let me take the easy way out and drop the class. He encouraged me and promised me that I would be fine. It has not been easy but has been so rewarding. Especially seeing my students grow and learn in a different way. I have a different outlook on the minds of students now. I look at projects in a different way. 

      At first, I was nervous about how my students would react and respond to this new way of learning. They really did well. Even from my first little PBL to my last one. I have experienced firsthand the creativity that my students have. Even on days when things were hard to talk about and discuss, students were able to open up and see the real world problem.

      I have learned so much in this past year of PBL. From group contracts to protocols, I have gained a wealth of knowledge through this class. I am excited to see myself and my students continue to grow. Since FMS is becoming a STEAM school, I hope that I can use what I have learned to educate other faculty and staff. I want PBL to become a household name at FMS. I think that PBL will open our eyes to all the possibilities that our students have.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Savannah,
    I am so very proud of you for persevering through this year. I know that as a second year teacher you had a lot on your plate with this endorsement cohort as well as your ADEPT evaluation not to mention everything else. I am thankful that I had this opportunity to work with you and your students and welcome opportunities to continue to collaborate in the future.

    Sincerely,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete