Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Makisha Miller blog 2

1) When using the Main course project the teacher covers the course of study in the usual way and with PBL the student is allowed to guide their learning.

2) I will make sure that my classroom is one where PBL is the main course and not the dessert by planning units that are student centered designed with the student in mind. I will offer open-ended questions that allow students to learn through discovery.

3) The support I would need is driven questions, higher order thinking questions, quality lesson plans, and work in order to make my PBL the main course.

4) I would respond to colleagues and school leadership when asked about my PBL intentions with an open mind. I would let them know that I am open to suggestions and am taking everything step by step with the student's learning experience in mind. I would let them know that I want each student to be able to learn through experience and not just by memorization while using real world situations.

4 comments:

  1. I like your answer for number four in that you are opening up this idea to your colleagues and allowing them to critique your strategy and have them give suggestions in improving it while also keeping the big picture in mind, the students learning experience through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an extremely wonderful attitude in your response to question four. I'm sure their suggestions would only ignite your mind to think of something even more grand for your students to do.
    I love the answer you gave for question three. That is no doubt a stumbling block for many. I should have written those answers too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your response to question two. I believe PBL is very centered around the voice and choice of students, which is a key element in planning lessons! Also excited about question 4! I look forward to working on PBL at FMS together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makisha,
    I agree with Kristi and Sarah that your response to question four was positive and conducive to a great working relationship with your colleagues. By having an open mind to their response, you provide them with the expectation and the example so they will be more willing to have an open mind to your classroom practices as well.

    Sincerely,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete